Saturday, March 28, 2009

Let the Fun Begin!

Oh the Cousins!!!
March 20-23
We spent the nights at Grandmas and our days at Greg n Sheila's (Brians sister) house. They have 5 children - similar to the ages of our children. In other words, everyone played with everyone.
The children had spent many hours at "the tubs" catching crawdads and lizards the day before. So, they really wanted to show me their fun spot. We loaded everyone in the golf cart and headed down the dirt road. Then we hiked (in flip flops) down a trail, over a stream (very cold - and I know this b/c my flips slipped off the rock and into it), up rock cliffs, down the rock cliffs and then to "the tubs" (pools of water). Did I mention that we were in flip flops? Yea, great hiking shoes. It did not slow down the kiddos but it sure did slow down the 2 moms and Grandma.








The top of the rocks










The Tubs



Tessa, Dani Rae, and Elizabeth


Sheridan, Abbi and Brooke




Dani with a lizard on her arm (brave)





Sheridan and Maggie with a lizard


Tessa - fun in the water








By the end of that afternoon, they had enough crawdads to take home and serve them up as a sampler. Plopped them in boiling water, cracked their shells and dipped them in cocktail sauce.
Great memories!
(with more to come but I must go to the pool now, they need me for a Marco Polo game)

4 comments:

Andrea Cherie said...

Oh short ans flip flops! We got 6" of snow dumped on us today! I hope it doesn't kill every blooming plant around here, they thought winter was over!

Teri said...

Ahhh...good times at the camp. Looks like you are having a blast. Though I miss my friend Sheila - I DON'T MISS the lizards. Eww...

Give June a BIG HUG from us.

Tricia said...

What fun! My sister Kylie and used to go down there all the time with Cameron and Brady. Lots of memories. I miss it, even the lizards. :)

 The Morris Family said...

Look at those rocks and children on them.....so high, so scary for this momma, I am probably glad I do not witness "all" that goes on even here on our little farm:) Eating crawdads....really???? I think your surpassing the crazy Morris crew!!! Looks like a great time from all the above pics as well. What a blessing family is!!!
Cindy