Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A New Sound in our Home

The Violin!
I had always hoped (and even prayed) that at least
one of my children would desire to play the violin
(without my prompting or forcing).

Lo and Behold!
I have two!!
(so far)


Both of my older girls had asked if they could play
 but the problem was finding someone to teach them - affordably.
Key word being - "affordably"

Oh, we serve an awesome God!
2 months ago I received an email from our Homeschool Group saying that one of the Homeschool moms would like to offer violin lessons - affordably!

Sign me up!

The girls enjoy their teacher and they have learned lots.

It is fun to hear songs coming from their violins.


I am one thankful mama!

6 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

and guess what? i read somewhere that
kids who play the violin excel in school!

a two-fer!

i can just imagine the lovely sounds,
maybe even songs. :)

Cinnamon said...

Oh yes you will be blessed. I love hearing the girls. The problem was having me sit and listen to them practice. After a couple yrs of fumbling through we've got a time for all three of us to be together :-) Makes me think I should have just started playing with them :-)

Yeah for answered prayers~ Cinnamon

Laura said...

Ah what a sweet sound it must be! Music is a joy to hear, and coming from your children makes it all the sweeter. What a blessing to have 2 playing and without a huge expense.

Barbara said...

Oh that is wonderful, I so wish our family was musical, but we are not, what a blessing that so many of yours are, praying you will always play for the glory of God, lots of hugs my friend, Barbara

The Mayo Family said...

What a blessing!
I know we are "praying" for piano lessons here! God is so good to all of us!
My children are "happy for your children"! :)
Blessings~
~Lori

The Adventures of a Simple Life said...

How exciting! You will have to post us a video one day!
God is always so good and faithful!