Sunday, March 9, 2008

Out of Character



I usually don't pick up books like these. I am more characterized by reading books about parenting or being a better wife. BUT... this book was given to us by friends and the wife highly recommended it. So, I started to read it and could not put it down. It is a true autobiography of two men, their separate lives and their lives after they met. WOW!!

Highly Recommend!!
WARNING: Be ready for the tears and the shock of the poverty that takes place even today in America.

3 comments:

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

i read this a couple of years ago...i stayed up all night and cried throughout the whole story...great book!

CoyneMom said...

Ok, now you are telling me you have time to read books! I'm telling you....I am moving to your neck of the woods! I won't be coming over for Sushi though...I thought I would like fish when I grew up but I think I'm grown and still don't like it very much...wish I did! I do want to read the book..any book that you can't put down is the kind I want to read.

Anonymous said...

Loved this book and several of the women in our church have heard Denver speak at a local church. It is truly an incredible story that is life-changing!