Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Horsin' Around

Horsemanship
Abbi is 10 years old and ready to take her horse riding to another level. WOW!! She has done just that. We found a certified instructor for the "Dennis Reis Horsemanship Training". Abbi and Chief have had 4 lessons and already we see a big difference in the confidence level of Abbi and working with Chief. And Chief is a new man!! After their 2nd lesson, Abbi said to me, "I don't recognize Chief except for his coloring. He is a new horse." He knows she is her friend and she is the one in charge. He respects and honors her. Abbi has the foundations of teaching and working with Chief. This slideshow are pics taken during her lessons. They don't give the lessons justice. I seriously had goose bumps and at one point I cried just watching Abbi work some bad habits out of Chief. Do you remember the horse ride Abbi and I went on? Well, Chief was the one that I was riding and would not get his feet in the river. He jumped it with me on his back!! So, one of Abbi's lessons took place at the (dreaded) river. You will see that Melissa (her trainer) and Abbi got him in the water! He actually likes it now. The last video clip is Abbi walking him to the river and stopping in it. Absolutely amazing!!!


3 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

Wow, I'm totally impressed with Chief. Nice video too. See you Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

It's a win win situation for both Abbi and Chief. They will learn to be better partners and will grow in their trust for each other. You will feel better too, knowing that the two of them understand each other. I was blessed to have a father who was also a horseman. I have passed on my knowledge to Jana (I hope) and now she and I are passing it on to all the kids. I LOVE IT!!! Ashley, I loved your blog so much I decided to start one of my own. It's been fun.
Susan
grammyshouse-susan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Amazing! We are thrilled for Abbi and Chief. They both were just waiting for this training! Now there will be many hours, months, and years of adventures together for them. Sweet. Love Nana/Papa