Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We Prayed...

God Answered - BIG!!

For the past 18 months we have prayed diligently for the cabin to get done and be ready for campers...

IMG_7103IMG_7097

Check!

The cabin was finished and ready for campers 10 minutes before they started arriving.  Totally God!

For many years we have been praying as a family that God would use Big Canyon Ranch to draw people closer to Himself.

IMG_6713

Check!

One of these boys asked Jesus into his heart.  The last night during Cabin Time, he raised his hand and asked his leader, "Um yea, how is it I get Jesus in my life?  I want him."  For him, it was all worth it.  (There may have been others, I haven't heard yet.) 

For those of you new to our blog, we have just built the first Lodge at Big Canyon Ranch  (a Christian Retreat Center and Camp in Utah).  My husband oversees everything and everyone.  I am the camp cook (with much help from friends and my children).  Our children help Brian or Mr S. (program director) wherever needed.  They were incredible and had a blast! 

These 5th and 6th graders arrived on Sunday and left Thursday.  Five full days of fun, games, challenges, eating, singing, playing, laughing, sweating, swimming, sleeping (a little) and most of all learning about God and his love for each one of them.

I took so many pictures and video.  I captured a lot!  It was hard for me to condense all the footage.  However I was able to take 5 days and make a 5 minute video.  I hope you have time to watch it.  Oh the fun we all had!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to see the adventures of the first week at camp! Praise God for His provision....so great! Can't wait to see pictures from the WILD weekend...wish I could have been there.

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

Praise God! What a treat to see some actual footage of Big Canyon camp!

Love you all.

jenny

Natalie said...

FANTASTIC! I want to be in sixth grade again!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GREAT START, MAY GOD SEE THOUSANDS OF SOULS GROW IN HIM AT BIG CANYON RANCH.

Anonymous said...

WOW! It is wonderful to see God bless the hard work of Brian and those who have helped him complete this first phase of Big Canyon! Thanks to you, Ashley for showing us through pictures a bit of what the campers experienced! We pray for Big Canyon's completion and that the Lord will use it to draw MANY people to himself! "Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:5

Cinnamon said...

My husband and I could be your twins :-) We have 5 boys and 4 girls and we watched your video today. My husbands comment "well they aren't stuffy" :-) What a breath of fresh air. My 10 yr old dtr, while watching your video, said "I want to go to that camp":-)
Many blessings to you and your family.
John and Cinnamon
http://knightsandmaidensgathering.
blogspot.com

Pam said...

What a great first week. Praise the Lord for provision!

TnFullQuiver said...

Ashley,
I am so excited for you all!!! As you well know, the Lord is always faithful.
grace and peace,
julie

~Bren~ said...

Awesome Ashley!! I wnat to go to that camp!! My kids would love it. What a wonderful ministry!!