Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So Fresh!

 

Check out these Beauties!

IMG_0030

These are fresh from THE garden.  Aren't they beautiful?  Everything you need for salsa (except for the cilantro). 

I was kinda wantin' you to think they were picked fresh MY garden.  Were you?  If so, don't read on.  Just keep on thinkin' that thought. 

So... you are still reading.  That means you didn't believe it.  Umm, well they are - kinda sorta from "my" garden.  I don't have a garden (I wish I did) exactly in my backyard but my parents have one in Salt Lake and they share the harvest with us.  So, in a way, it is like mine.  I just don't do anything.  Nothing.  They plant, weed, water, pick and deliver.  We prepare and eat!!  Now that is what a call a great way to garden!  (Well, not really)

Sidenote: Brian says someday we will do a garden in a greenhouse.  That is really the only way to do it with a short growing season in the mountains. 

They brought these and much more on Thursday.

 

IMG_0035-1

On Saturday, we made this.  And lots of it.  YUMMY!

RECIPE:

7-8 medium size or roma tomatoes

3-5 green onions

cilantro (add to your liking)

2-3 garlic cloves

1 green bell pepper

3-4 pepperoncini (add to your spice liking)

1 t. salt

1/2 t. lemon juice 

Blend in cuisinart (or blender).  Voila!!!

4 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

I'll be there in 20 minutes!

TnFullQuiver said...

Ashley,
I wouldn't mind gardening like that!!! there is something to be said about having it DELIVERED right to your home!
grace and peace,
julie

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

can we have salsa night instead of sushi night? i could eat that whole bowl!

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

I just got my first craving by looking at that bowl of salsa. Yum yum Yum!