Monday, December 6, 2010

Mush! Mush On!

Our own private Dog Sled Team.
When I say "dog" - I do mean A dog.
A single dog.
So, really, there is not much of team.

Anyways, my dad left his dogs with us for a day.
Leaving them was not his initial plan but when they ran off and were nowhere to be found, he left for his home - dogless. His hopes were that they would show up eventually.
They came back that evening.
My children loved playing with Rocky.
He is a very strong dog.
So, the girls put a horse halter on him like a harness and hooked a sled onto him.
Oh, the fun rides he provided.
They had a blast!
Rocky, well, not so sure, he had as much fun as they did.
Maybe that will teach him to run off.



Thanks Rocky!!

4 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Loved reading this post because my youngest daughter's family has a Newfoundland-Lab mix that they used to hook up to a sled(when he was younger)and let him pull their little ones.
Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Oh that looked like great fun, for girls, and Rocky?!? Your view is always so breathtaking to me I never get tired of your pictures...of land and kids ;-)

Cinnamon said...

Your kids are never bored are they?
:-)

~Cinnamon

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh how fun! My kids would do something like that, only with our goats! LOL!

I saw your on Valerie's blog and I thought I would stop by and say hi! I have six blessings myself.