Wednesday, January 26, 2011

8 Days...

Post Surgery!
And doing well.

The first 4 days after surgery were rough.
Brian was in sooo much pain and really could do nothing.
Nothing at all.
(I do mean nothing)

Not having his foot elevated caused much throbbing which translated into pain.
The children have been awesome!
He has an assigned PA (personal assistant) each day.
They are eager to serve him.

Abbi and Maggie have learned to make his coffee and take it to him each morning.
The girls make him a hot breakfast and deliver it to him in bed.
(he is actually not "in" bed but does lay "on" the bed to do his office work)
PTL for laptop computers!

Caleb and Hudson have been maintaining the camp.
Checking the lodge daily.
Turning on generator when needed.
Snowshoeing to the hydro to get the power running.
Plowing the road.
Fixing the plow.
And the list goes on.

We hate to see him in so much pain but we do LOVE the opportunity to serve him.
We also love the fact that we know where he is at all times...
one of two places -
his bed or the recliner.
Easy to climb on, snuggle, and read with.

8 days post surgery he has weaned himself off the pain meds (for the most part) and is getting around more and more.


The Mayo Family said...

Thank you...
Glad to hear things are going...okay!
The prayers will continue!
P.S. Ummm...Momma how about you & you need a last month pic! :)
have a wonderful day!

The Munck Family said...

Our prayers remain with you and for complete healing. So, nice that everyone is working together as a team....that is such a blessing as well!

I hope you are feeling well and getting a little rest too.

Amy said...

I'm sorry that I've been out of the loop for so long. I've had terrible computer problems and lost all of my feeds/blogs that kept up with including yours. I just found my way back today and just got caught up on everything that has been going on in your family. I hope his foot continues to heal nicely with as little discomfort as possible.

You look gorgeous and glowing in your the pictures. Can't wait to hear about the big day. We don't have long for either of us. Just a few more weeks.

We've been very busy as well with the move of Rob's mom, then with her passing and funeral. Trying to get out house back in our hometown ready to sell and put on the market before our little one arrives. Busy, busy, busy...but I think you have much more to deal with for sure. So glad to hear that the kids are being so helpful.


The Adventures of a Simple Life said...

What a wonderful chance for the children to serve the Lord by serving their parents during this time.

Such a blessing to have him around all of the time. I am sure you are loving it!

I will be praying for his foot as he recovers.

May God be glorified in all of this!