Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The BIG Secret Is Out

I am 4 0 !
40 years ago on April 14th, my cute pregnant mom went to church with her loving husband and cute 3 year old son. She sang in the Easter Cantata. I am sure she sang beautifully. I was there and I know I heard her but I don't remember it. She went home from church and went into labor. That night, on Easter Sunday, at 11:44pm, I was born. If you ever see my mom and she happens to be wearing her charm bracelet, there is a "bunny" that represents me - check it out.
40 years and so much to be thankful for...
2 loving parents
3 amazing siblings
1 incredible husband
8 (soon 9) sweet children
gazillion wonderful friends all over the U.S.
Thanks to all of you who have been a part of my 40 years.
I love you!

We went to our favorite family restaurant - Old Spaghetti Factory in Salt Lake.
YUM!
The clan hungry and ready to eat.
We had a number of people count all of the children and even a few stop by and comment on how well behaved they were.



Brian and Tessa

After Dinner - -

We went to Liberty Park. We watched the ducks and geese, we walked around and we played with the frisbee that I got for my birthday. That lasted about 15 minutes and then the wind carried it into the pond - gone!

Caleb reminding me of my age



Hudson watching the frisbee



Abbi testing the water temperature



Maggie looking all cute



Weston playing in the grass



Elizabeth holding tightly on to the shell she found



Dani Rae watching the geese



Tess posing for the camera



Brian having fun with the children



Ooops! Sorry Weston. (Yea, right)
FYI : Brian did fall into the lake trying to catch the frisbee. Just one foot wet but we all did have a good laugh.



Me and My Brood

So, for my birthday, I got a dinner "out" and I got a frisbee as you already know. BUT, the big gift is that we are all going to Palm Springs, CA. (We have friends that have a condo and are so sweet to offer it to us) We are going to play in the hot sun and swim in the cool pool. The countdown is on and we are all very excited. Another precious gift was that I heard Baby Z's heartbeat for the first time. Oh, so sweet!

I recieved this email from my younger brother. Great perspective. I will close on this note:

Good Morning Sis – Happy 40th Birthday! Hey if it helps you’d only be about 10% into your life if you lived in Genesis or Exodus! Happy Old testament Birthday!

I Love you and hope you have a great Day.

Brother, Grant





4 comments:

TnFullQuiver said...

Ashley,
Aren't brothers great??!!! I too will celebrate my 40th birthday in just a few months. I have LOVED my 30s so I am looking for more of the same from the 40s. Happy Birthday!!!
grace and peace,
julie
p.s. I always cherished the day that I heard my baby's heart beat for the first time. How special that it was on your birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!!! Looks like you had a wonderful one :)

~Bren~ said...

Happy four-0 Ashley!!! Welcome to the club...I won't be here much longer as I am going to join that other club in a couple of years...that Five-0 club. I hear it is fun too!
Looks like your day was wonderful. You are truly blessed!

Devin and Tiffany said...

Hey Ashley, just got caught up on your blog, love seeing the new pictures and hear what is going on! Congrats on the new baby!!

Tiffany