Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Day to Remember - FOREVER!

I Love my Family!!
April 1st had been a day that we (my siblings, their spouses and my parents) all had been looking forward to. This is the day that my dad signs over the business to my brothers. My dad is "moving on" from the business he started 33 years ago and the boys are "taking on" from here!! So, a retirement party was in order. Bob and Deb (my sister) flew in from Colorado, Paul (my older brother) and Elaine flew in from Idaho and we celebrated BIG!


Brian and I picked up Bob and Deb (and 5 mo Samuel) from the airport and went to Little America Hotel to have a "family meeting" before the celebration would begin. Dad updated us on things of business and told us about the day so far. We sat around and visited until it was time to go.



Paul - my older brother.

(sorry Paul, I just had to put this one in)



Then we all headed to the New Yorker Restaurant for our 5:00 reservation for dinner. They gave us a private room with a round table and doors to close. Perfect!

These are my parents ~ The Best in the Whole World!!

Brian and I put together a slideshow to honor Dad. We put together pictures from when he was a baby, to marriage, to having four children, to starting a business and then to helping raise/play with his 26 (soon 27) grandchildren. I think we were all pretty much in tears.





Samuel had had enough partying so decided to snooze right where he was.



We presented Dad with a bronze statue. A horse looking on to its foal. And we titled it "Keeping an Eye on the Next Generation". Very fitting ~ that is exactly what he has done and is doing And he loves horses!




Paul and Elaine
(older brother)
Reside in Idaho with their 8 children.



Brian and I

I was very reluctant to put a picture of me (and pregnancy chub) in this post but that would mean leaving my husband out and I couldn't do that.





Grant and Shannon

(younger brother)

Reside in Salt Lake with their 4 children.



Bob and Deb

(younger sister)

Reside in Colorado with their 6 children.





All of us children with Dad and his new statue!

I was reminded of how much I love my family. Even though we are separated by miles, we have a very close bond. When we get together, great time is had by all. This night was full of laughter and tears. I did not want it to end.

We are excited for Dad and Mom and their new adventures. And we are excited for Paul and Grant and their new venture in running a business!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing and memorable day it WAS! I think we took advantage of every minute we had together. What a great time of conversation, laughing, shedding some tears, and through it all remembering how God has blessed us through the years. At the end of the day, our joy was overflowing! Thanks, Ashley, for keeping the memory fresh through your blogspot! LOVE Mom (& Dad)

~Bren~ said...

Awwwww. Your Mom's comment brought tears to my eyes!!
Wonderful memories built, and Ashley you GLOW!!! The Pregnacy Club is a great club for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was so sweet to be together. I LOVE MY FAMILY!!! I even treasured the few minutes we got in the car together. Love you sis! By the way you are a CUTE pregnant mama... did you say chub? Where?
See you soon!!! I hope...
Love,
Deb

Messy and Wonderful said...

I didn't know you were in maternity clothes already - you're HUGE!! Wow, 2009 is still a long way off! :-) Great family. Love you, Laur