Thursday, April 15, 2010

"The Sticky Stuff"...

That's Me!!
I died laughing when I read what Caleb had wrote...
"she is the sticky stuff that holds us together"
I enjoyed his post and I loved your comments!!

Thanks to all of you for your sweet comments.
Very unexpected and VERY encouraging!!

I had a lovely birthday. How could I not? I was treated like a queen!
I ask you, "What's not to love about that?".


I love poems. I can't write them. (It must be lack of brain cells or something) BUT, I am surrounded with people that can! AND I love it when they write poems to me. I just have to share this one with you from my older brother...

To My Sister


A house-full of children and friends
She’d have it no other way
Lots of energy and smiles
We call her Ashtray Gay 

Early to rise in the morning
She does her best to stay fit
The rest of the day she’s running
In her there is no quit 

Arenas and barns and saddles
A girl who enjoys her horses
Known to sneak ice cream from the freezer
I can’t reveal my sources 

Her hubby loves her
On him she is sold
I give her a thumbs up
?? really isn’t that old 

I hope her day was great
Today ice cream is legal
Her brother sends his love and advice
When plowing beware of the eagle! 

Love,
Paul




Thanks again for your comments, emails, phone calls, cards, fb messages and poems!
Ya'll are awesome!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Ashley you erased the 42 in Dads poem!! Happy Birthday
Emilie

Treasures from a shoebox said...

Looks like you've been ratted out; but hey, you look GREAT for 42! I thought your son's post was really sweet (especially calling you "the sticky stuff"). *smile

myletterstoemily said...

sounds like you are surrounded by
men who love you!

happy birthday!

Amy said...

That's funny that your niece ratted you out!! You DO look GREAT:) The poem was very cute.