Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Trails

So, a dear friend, I won't mention any names (LS), chewed me out   talked to me about my lack of posting as of late.  I am so sorry.  It's not that there hasn't been anything going on.  That is just the problem, there has been lots going on and no time to inform you, the public, about it.  Deepest apologies.

Here is a picture I took of Abbi riding Risky.

IMG_0580

You may want to read that last sentence again.

Yes, I took the picture which means the horse head in front of me is the one I am riding.  Oh, we had a blast.  I jumped on Chief  with the attitude and confidence I had as a 15 year old.  No problem!  Watch me ride with the wind! 

IMG_0577 

If you don't know anything about how Abbi likes to ride, let's just say, she loves speed.  If her eyes are not watering, she is not going fast enough.  So, keep in mind, I have only ridden Chief 2 other times and they were leisure rides.  I don't really know how this horse rides or what he might be thinking at any given point.  Having said that, you now know why when I accepted Abbi's challenge to a race (at full speed), Chief had a different trail in mind.  Actually, it was not a trail at all just a steep hillside straight down with shrubs, rocks and brush everywhere.  All to say, I learned a few things about Chief.  He is fast, can turn on a dime, and will do whatever he wants whenever he wants (if his rider is not paying attention).  I survived and I was humbled.  Abbi got another good chuckle at my horse-riding mishap.  I guess I am not 15 anymore.

Oh, who cares.  We had a blast!  And by the way, Chief is an awesome horse.  (I am just not the pro rider that I use to be.)

FYI- If you see me walking funny, it because I AM SADDLESORE!!!  There I said it.  Laugh all you want.

 

1 comment:

Messy and Wonderful said...

ok, I will.... hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Thanks for the update that you're not 15 anymore - well noted.

Good to see you're alive and still shootin!