Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Party at the "Pot"

With a title like that, I bet I sparked some curiosity.

Saturday night, Grant and Shannon (my brother and his wife) treated Brian and I to dinner at The Melting Pot in downtown Salt Lake City!!

 

Grant and Shan

IMG_1738-1

 

My Bri and Me

IMG_1739

 

Dinner started with an appetizer of veggies and breads to dip in a spinach/artichoke (melted, of course) cheese.  And then a beautiful salad.  And then...

all of this raw meat!!

IMG_1736

I can't remember all the fancy descriptions but it was basically, chicken, steak, pork, salmon, shrimp and lobster.  The lobster and salmon were my most favorite.  After seeing this platter and my earlier post on Sushi, you are probably thinking we don't ever cook anything around here...

 

We do!  And we did!!  This is the "pot" we cooked all of our meats in.  Ahh, do you see the yummy lobster at the top of the pic that my brother is about to eat.  YUM!

IMG_1737

Well, I have covered 3 of the 4 courses for that night.  And they were all yummy but can I just say what I am about to show you was - - incredible!!

 

This!! 

IMG_1743

With a pot of (melted) milk chocolate and a scoop of peanut butter stirred in.

What a fantastic way to finish the evening!

Thanks Grant and Shannon!  We had a great time.

 


5 comments:

Natalie said...

Yum! I just gained 5 pounds via the Internet!

My stomach is growling. . .

Cinnamon said...

What a terrific treat! I think I agree with Natalie, you can gain weight just looking at your post:-)

Thanks for visiting the blog and your kind comments about Gavin.

I am doing good actually. My prevailing thought throughout his car accident and recovery was thankfullness. Thankful he was alive. Thankful no one was hurt worse. Thankful for the young man driving to be responsible in calling me. Thankful for a God who watched over our son.

We're thrilled he's recovering so well and his spirits weren't dampened at all throughout all this! Praise the Lord!!

I love your blog background. Very festive~

~Cinnamon

Pam said...

That looks so yummy. I wish we had a Melting Pot close to our town. I will to find one.
Pam

Pam said...

I totally forgot to thank you for your prayers after seeing all that good food.
Thank you so much!
Pam

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hi there~
Yummo~looks like you all had a great time. I ate there once with my sister....and they sat up in a secluded booth. I wish my hubby was there with me. (MOM of 6 kiddos)

Peace in Christ,
Georgiann