Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Laundry Anyone?

IMG_0596-1

For those of you who know me, know that I hate don't like to do laundry.  There are a couple of reasons for that...

a.  I am a girl that likes to "get er' dun" and check it off my list. (yes, I am a "list" girl too.  So much so, that I will write tasks down that I have already done just so I can check them off.  Anyone else do that?)  Laundry is a job that never gets Done - unless everyone is naked and stays naked!

b. No matter how you slice it, it is a BIG job - from carrying the piles to laundry room, sorting colors, washing, drying, folding, and delivering back to rooms.  I just got tired.

c. It never goes away.

I know, I know, you are all saying, "Quit your complaining!  Be thankful you are clothed, and you have a washer, and you have a dryer and you have helpers that do a lot of it."  And believe me for those things - - I AM very thankful!  I just needed to vent.

I guess we will keep doing it.  If we don't, ya'll might see a bunch of naked hillbillies running around on the mountain.  Yikes!!

5 comments:

~Bren~ said...

ME...ME...I make lists of jobs and add some already complete so I can cross them off!!! A true list maker always does that!
I also am a laundry hater...not to strong of a word when talking about laundry...but I am never more satisfied with any other completed job as when ALL the laundry is finished and put away!

~Bren~ said...

Oooo, I forgot to say I LOVE the new blog look!!!

Cinnamon said...

Hey there~ I love the book of most important lists to have. They have some great ideas don't they?

One way we reduce laundry is to reduce clothes. We have gone down to 2 outfits per child at times. Let's see that's still 18 outfits not including Mama and Papa. But it's far less than 10 outfits per child.

Plus I have children who sort on "their day", my 7 yr old can start a load of laundry (heck she can do all the laundry if need be) and my 6 yr old can switch and dry laundry, fold and put away. Even the 4 yr old folds towels and puts them away.

See even though we have all those clothes, it's my opinion that the ones wearing the clothes have their place in helping clean them as well.

'Many hands make light work' that's our motto~

~Cinnamon
p.s love your laundry basket :-)

~Bren~ said...

Hey you lucky duck....you won my giveaway (out of 145 entries!!)

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

I am a list girl and have been known to write things on the list that I have done just to check them off!

sometimes it's the simple things that can be a motivator. Go with it!

just discovered your blog, and would love to come back and read your older posts.

have a great week!
christine