Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Yurt! part 3

Let me guess, you have not been sleeping at night because you do not know what a Yurt is and you are still very curious.

Some of you geniuses already knew and others "googled" it.  Way to go smart people!  For those of you who are waiting for me to feed you the information - this is your lucky day!  Your curiosity will be put to rest.  Read on.

Welcome to Big Canyon's YURT!  Come on in.

IMG_1364

IMG_1365

 

This was the fun part.  Caleb, Mike, and Michael held up the center ring of the yurts roof while Brian and I stuck in the rafters.  One end went in the ring and the other hooked into the cable on the lattice.

IMG_1389

IMG_1394-1

 

The ring became stable on its own.  Michael helped with getting the rafters into their holes as Brian hooked them to the cable.

IMG_1398 IMG_1408

 

Caleb and Mike carried the rafter beams to us.

IMG_1383 IMG_1399

 

IMG_1413

Done with the installation of the rafters!

IMG_1420

 

Brace yourself for this next picture...

IMG_1447

This is me. I am actually working. Even better yet, I am using a drill.

 

 

IMG_1428 IMG_1423

This is a Yurt!  Now you know.

IMG_1501

Next will be staining the cement floor and framing the kitchen. Yipee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! I just stopped by to say hello and check in on ya. Have never seen a yurt before. Is that for the camp? I seen your concrete guy and after a minute it daned on me Hey! I know Tony! Well at least I did years ago. I worked with his wife Tamra at American Express many years ago. They are christians but I bet you know that. I ran into Tamra several years ago and was supprised to learn they had big kids. Time flies. Good to see your getting things done before the snow gets here. I and the girls are all doing well and we are fitting in over at Mountain Life. Keep in touch
Love in Christ
Susan

Natalie said...

Amazing to see the slab I saw just over a week ago is now the completed Yurt! Well done!