Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Welcome to our "other" House

We look forward to building a Gingerbread House each year.  And Costco had me in mind when they stocked up on these kits. (I love Costco!)  Everything all bundled up in one container ~ ready to go.  Candy sorted and in little bags, white and green frosting already made, walls and roof for the house, trees for the yard and so on. No major production or prep on my part ~ lazy aren't I?  I wouldn't call it lazy - its more like, just not crafty.  OK, lazy too.

IMG_4119-1

Anyhow, we spent an evening working on this cute little house.

IMG_4125

The bigger kids worked on the house and I helped the littler ones decorating the 4 yard trees.  Oh fun!!

IMG_4134

IMG_4137-1

IMG_4141-1

The house was done. Tessa obviously watched very closely because she immediately picked up the frosting bag and started to work.  She was very concentrated on her decorating.  And very proud of what she did.

IMG_4162

IMG_4168

Merry Christmas!

IMG_4161-1

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful family. What blessings you have my friend.

Ohh I wish there was a Costco in the sticks! That looks like such a great time and such wonderful memories!

Merry Christmas to you...

Cinnamon said...

We love doing these. But I always wait until the are mark down. Right now they are $7 at Wal-Mart and will go down to $3. That's when we'll buy one :-)

~Cinnamon

Natalie said...

Where would we be without those kits? Awesome job!

Messy and Wonderful said...

Hmmm, looks vaguely familiar...