Sunday, November 9, 2008

Just Eight Things

 

Natalie has tagged me for a meme ~ Eight Facts About Me.  This kinda stresses me out.  I don't easily get stressed, but this, for some reason causes me stress. (thanks a lot Natalie! I will be sending you the bill for my therapist)  I just tell you any 8 things.  Oh my! 

Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose 3 people to get tagged and list their name.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.

Eight Things About Me

Here we go!

1.  I was born in Iowa.  Moved to Utah when I was 7 years old.  Went to Kansas State and received a degree in Education. Got married.  Lived in St Joseph MO.  Lived in Denver for 2 years.  Then back to Utah.

2.  My dad got me a saddle when I was 11ish years old.  I had no horse but I had a saddle!!  A girls dream almost come true.  All I needed was a horse. I couldn't wait for the day to put a horse under my new saddle.  That day came.  Her name was Hickory and she was a fast son-of-a-gun.  She was a barrel racer and she liked to win.  She challenged me.  I learned a lot from that horse.  We rode many miles together.

3.  In the 9th grade (high school) I ran cross country (but you already know that). Something you do not know is that I wore liquid black eyeliner on the inside of my lower eye (eww gross) - - to look good.  I also wore Jordache Jeans.  Ya know, the ones with the fancy stitching on the back pockets and a horse head on the front pocket.

4.  In my pantry, I have many bulk spices and a variety of grains.  So what?  Well, I have them on the shelf in alphabetical order.  That is crazy. (but much easier to find) 

5.  I was a nanny (before my own kids were born) for 3 boys in Denver, Colorado.  I loved it! 

6.  I asked Jesus into my heart when I was a freshman at Kansas State.  I spent 3 college summers doing summer missions in 1. N. Myrtle, S. Carolina  2. Mexico and 3. Hungary

7.  Angie D. and I took hunter safety in college so we could spend more time with our hunting men. (yes, Brian)  By the way, we were the only girls in the class and the only ones to ACE the test.  My dad was thrilled I took the class.  So thrilled that for Christmas, he bought me a Browning Goldfinger 20 gauge shotgun. Can't say that I have ever shot anything but at least I am safe (AND so are all the animals).

8.  I drink Pregnancy Tea all the time.  Even when I am not pregnant or have a nursing baby.  It is a tea that I put together from a variety of bulk teas that provide many vitamins and nutrients.  YUM!

There!  I did it.

Now I get to tag a few people.  Umm.  I tag Cinnamon, Bren and Julie.

I am anxious to read Eight Great Things about these ladies.

4 comments:

Devin and Tiffany said...

It is fun to learn more about you! Would love to know what all goes into your pregnancy tea!! You should have been out there bird hunting with the boys with that shotgun of yours :).

Cinnamon said...

We all sat around the computer and read your Eight things last night. My boys were admiring (translated into "drooling")over your Browning Goldfinger :-)

It was fun to read about YOU. Btw, I too, wore Jordache Jeans. My that was a looong time ago for me :-)

Manicures all around in June :-)
~Cinnamon

Natalie said...

I am SO impressed by the hunting class! I'm going to start calling you Annie Oakley!

(Sorry I stressed you out, but you did great!)

~Bren~ said...

I just did this the other day....

http://piecesfromme.blogspot.com/2008/11/7-random-high-school-things.html

I really enjoyed reading your random things. You are SO FUN!!! ;)