Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Womb Strengthener

 

I had a few requests for my Pregnancy Tea Recipe...

PREGNANCY TEA

4 parts Red Raspberry Leaves (strengthens & tones tissue of womb)

2 parts Rose Hips (provides vitamin C)

4 parts Nettles (strengthens and supports the whole body)

2 parts Alfalfa (vitamin A, D and K.  Great for nursing moms.)

1 part Spearmint (adds flavor, helps digestion)

*Optional - Raspberry Zinger (Celestial Seasons) tea bags.  If I have them on hand I throw one tea bag in with the herbs.  Adds a nice flavor.

I store my herbs in individual labeled jars.  (Yes, they are in alphabetical order.  Psycho... I know.  But that is beside the point.)

IMG_2245

 

Take any size measuring cup and measure "parts".  Mix all together.  It is best to store herbs in glass.  I store mine in a gallon glass jar.

IMG_2248

 

To brew, pour 1 quart boiling water over 1/2 c. tea mixture.  Cover and steep for 1/2 hour.  I use a French Press so that my herbs are easily separated.  (see the herbs on the bottom and the tea on top - Genius!)

IMG_2247

  Pour and drink.  Drink it hot or put it on ice.  Store extra tea in refrigerator.

IMG_2249

I like to drink my tea cold.  Ahh! A tall glass of yummy iced tea!!

 

I order my herbs from two different places.

Bulk Herb Store or San Francisco Herb

Sound a bit overwhelming?  It really is quite simple.  All you really need is the herbs, a teapot and a French Press.  (you can store the herbs however you want)

Try it!  You will like it and your womb will thank you.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I confess to sipping the tea when I'm at Erin's!

~Bren~ said...

It sounds wonderful...even if I am no longer using my womb!!!

Cinnamon said...

That does sound good! I'll have to try it. I think I have all those herbs (I love bulk herb too!). I don't alphabetize my herbs (or anything for that matter). Mine are sorted easily by the ones I use the most in front and the least in back. So now I have to go check what I have :-)

Thanks for posting the recipe.

~Cinnamon

Unknown said...

Reminds me of the 5 week formula I take when I am expecting. The ingredients are basically the same. I think it is wonderful.