Thursday, November 20, 2008

What Do You Get WHEN...

 

...you have 3 BFF's (best friends forever), 2 of which are sarcastic and one of which is pregnant and in labor, and a kiddie pool (full of water)in the family room?

A Home Water Birth and Lots of Fun!  Of course!!!

Erin labored all night and the next day when she finally called Laurie and I in for support.  It was time. Time to get serious and time to get this baby out.

It was like a girls night except that Laurie and I were having fun and Erin, well, not so much.  And, there were 2 midwives, Erin's husband and Erin's mother. So not really like a girls night at all.

We rubbed her feet and massaged her shoulders and back.  We forced reminded her to keep walking because as soon as she sat down, the contractions would slow down.

She finally hit the 6cm mark and it was time to fill the pool.  That is where she continued her labor and gave birth to "Sweet" Caroline!

Erin was awesome and did a great job laboring and staying focused!  Even though Laur and I were having more fun than her, she actually came out ahead (Erin wins!) because she is snuggling and nursing her sweet new baby daughter.  Even though we do not have a newborn, we did experience an amazing thing ~ Birth!  With a dear friend.

I was in Salt Lake for an appt when I got the call and I did not have my camera with me. So I don't have any pictures. Laurie sent me this one...

P1030234-1

 

So Sweet!!

4 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

Yeah and I'm keeping the rest of the pictures to myself you hosers who forgot your cameras!!!

Ha Ha.

Ok, just kidding. I'll bring you a CD tomorrow so that you can update this pathetic excuse for a blog post!

It was SO fun. Can we have someone in labor EVERY girls' night? Think we could talk Erin into it again? Yeah, probably not yet. Hmmmm.

Natalie said...

I'm so grateful to you ladies for being there for her!

Devin and Tiffany said...

That is amazing! You guys want to come to Colorado in April:). I am not brave enough to do it at home yet, but am going to do it with no drugs again!! Easy to say now that I am not in labor! Any advice??

Cinnamon said...

How precious~ I've never been on the "other" side of labor. I think I do better having babies :-)
Beautiful baby~

~Cinnamon