Saturday, January 19, 2008

17 Years!


You Know You are (a little bit) Redneck When...
Your husband gets you a goat for your 17th wedding anniversary and you LOVE it!!
Traditionally, furniture, is the gift for 17 years of marriage ~ I will take a goat over furniture any day!
This is Patsy. She was born spring of 07 and will be ready to breed this fall. She is a cutie and very sweet. Happy to have her on our little ranch. (Thanks Honey!!)

A Husband of 17 Years!!
I have great joy in knowing that God gave me a husband to serve. A husband to serve means I have a man to love. It is a reminder to me that he is not my creation, or what I think he ought to be, but is God's creation and is becoming what He intends him to be. Having this man to serve and to honor, and yes, to submit to, means I am not alone. I am protected, I have a fearless leader and I am loved ~ that is a comfort. Oh, how I feel God's love, when I love and honor my man. How I feel protected by God, when I submit to "my love". Nothing feels better than being in God's will. I often fall short of this but knowing that God is full of mercy and grace, I can continue on.

I have learned to love in a way that I would have never learned, had God not given me Brian. I have learned, what it means to live a life that is not all about me. I am thankful for all that Brian is and does. May God be glorified through our marriage and love!

2 comments:

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

Congrats on 17 years!! You are right...most women would not be so thrilled with a goat (please don't suggest this to pete for our anniversary)..but i love it that you are excited. Hope this year brings more blessings for you and Brian!

Jenny

Mountain Mama said...

Jenny, I won't say anything to Pete but he did give TC a goat for a wedding gift so you never know...