Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Oh the Life!

Sledding in a Winter Wonderland
So, the children finally convinced me to go sledding with them. We had an absolute blast! Caleb pulled us behind the six-wheeler for some fun rides. (Even the dogs had a great time!)
Enjoy the pics.



Hudson and Maggie on one sled and Abbi and Weston on the other.


Bandit right there with them.





Weston and Maggie getting pulled up the big hill. (Our house is in the background.)










Oakley and Weston




Maggie




Hudson getting all "tricky" on us.



"The Jump"




I had heard about the "jump" and now I get to see it in real life but chose to only watch. I did not need to actually experience it.


Caleb getting some air.




Hudson




Abbi




Maggie




Elizabeth's spectating chair





Here they come.




Oh my goodness! That is me in the green coat. Yes, I did it! Wow! Look at me go.




Caleb






Hudson and Weston



The Grand Finale...


Going "free" down Papa's Road

(the name for a section of the road to the camp)





Recap of this experience:



Think about the dynamics of six people, all different ages, going out to do the same thing, with different ideas and different needs. Potential for a disaster. I was blessed by what I witnessed of my children. I had a great time sledding and watching them sled but I think more than anything I enjoyed watching my children make things work for each other. They were focused on the needs of others and not themselves. I was so blessed!!

No comments: