Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Close Encounter - by Caleb


The New Girls on the Block
Another post by Caleb
Hi Friends and Family!!
Mom has asked me to do some more blogging.
I decided to tell you about how this morning I woke up to seven (not all pictured) cow elk. They were less than hundred yards from my bedroom window. I was thinking back to about 2 weeks ago when I was burning calories by holding on for dear life on the snowmobile hiking and freezing to get my elk. I roll out of my bed and there they are... Taunting Me!!! One of these girls would have been a much easier "drag home". What a sight!

2 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

Caleb - just try to think of it like this... if you shot her so close to the house, the girls might not come so close for you to watch anymore!! Nice blogging, keep it up. Mrs. Sweeney and the crew

Anonymous said...

Hi Caleb
What a treat to have the girls so close by. We use to have a herd of about 40 hanging out in Round Valley went Chuck and I would go cross country skiing and no one else around. It was the best! Now, too many people and building so we don't get to see them nearly as much. Chuck likes to tease me about going hunting for his elk in Round Valley just to hear me claim "our girls are not for hunting". He is hoping to get his elk later this month. Good job on yours. Hugs, Mary and Chuck Otterman