Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Literally!


Abbi and I went riding last night. We first went up the hill to where we buried Jeremiah. It looks like the flowers we planted did not like the snow. The blooms are wilted but the leaves are green. Hopefully they will keep on growing!




That is us almost to the top of the hill. Look hard.





It was so nice to be out and enjoying God's creation. I love horseback riding and it was fun to be out there with my daughter. She is a natural and a joy to watch as she rides.



Funny Moment (for Abbi anyway): At one point in our ride, we came to a creek. The horse she was riding just walked right down the hill and through the water and across to the other side. Well, not my horse! He does not like water. He walked down the steep hill and just stopped. He started prancing around and I could now feel his heart beating. Not a good sign. He wanted to cross but wasn't sure how he was going to do it. My heart started to beat a little faster. Well, he went back up the hill. I let him calm down and then we headed back down towards the water. He started prancing again. I rubbed his neck and told him he could do it. In my mind, I am thinking ~ please don't do it! Please don't do it!! Before I knew it, he lunged and jumped the entire creek (4 ft across). Oh My Goodness!! I closed my eyes and held on for dear life. There! We made it and I was still alive. Not sure how I did that whole thing but Abbi got a good laugh out of the deal. Glad I could be so entertaining for her.

4 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

I'm surprised you didn't break any of your old bones you old fart! How fun, Andrew has been asking me for over a week if he can ride a horse at your house!

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

Ashley, if you could find some wildflower seeds to sprinkle over Jeremiah's grave, they would probably do just fine. Otherwise, you'll have to plant perenniels for anything to grow year after year. Just some horticulture advice :)

Natalie said...

Oh, whoa there Sweeney! Watch the old fart comments--they'll come back to haunt you!

Ashley, can't tell you how many times I've fallen off when a horse has made such a move. Think about how much harder Abbi would have laughed if you'd ended up in the water! I say well done for an old fart! (From an older fart)

Devin and Tiffany said...

Sounds like a fun and special time with Abbi. I used to love laughing at my mom, some of my best memories. It shows you are a fun mom and a good sport, I am just glad you are ok!