Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Wilderness

God uses the wilderness to bring His people to a worship. I believe I am in the wilderness. Your wilderness can be anything. The loss of my sweet Jeremiah is the reason for my wilderness. I am finding that as I grieve and as I cry tears of pain, I am drawn deeper in with my Savior. Oh what a great place to be! I cry out my pain and sorrow and how I long to hold my son. In this crying out, there is no anger (at least of yet) or why me, why Jeremiah, why now? I am only reminded of how holy and how awesome our God is.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation. He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. " Psalm 62: 1,2

I then realize how consumed I am by His love and find myself thanking Him for all that has happened. I have a great joy in knowing that Jeremiah is with God and that He is going to use Jeremiah's precious life for His glory. I definitely have my sad moments. And they are all good! I fully trust that God is in control. He knows exactly what He is doing. I can only see a glimpse of the big picture ~ He sees it all!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13

No comments: