Friday, January 29, 2010

Jeremiah Johnson


So... if you are a "wanna-be Jeremiah Johnson", you would have a porcupine as a pet, right?... Check!
Caleb found this baby porcupine and has named him "Scout".
 
Shhhh... baby porcupine sleeping.
(he really is asleep)

He napped most of the day in the trees around our house. 

Caleb handles and plays with him often so that he will get use to being handled and not be afraid of us.
Hopefully, this will help to avoid receiving his (very) unwanted quills.

Quite the pair!

Jeremiah Caleb calls him Scout because he likes to be high in the trees ---- a great place to "scout".



We all enjoyed watching him sleep in the tree. So cute!
How does he not fall out?

Fun, furry-quilled, friend!

5 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Oh my goodness, too Caleb!!!
I love it!

Have you ever seen the Waltons? They have a friend on there, Yancy, that lives with all his animals~ makes me think of Caleb :-)

Tell Jeremiah, I mean Caleb, we think he's great!!

~John, Cinnamon and our "G" force :-)

Amy said...

What a cute little friend!! Is it safe to play with him? BTW, I left a remedy to your sharpie problem in the comments of that post over at cinnamon's blog. FYI, in base you don't subscribe to the comments:)

myletterstoemily said...

what a darling family...and porcupine.

you will never regret homeschooling. my sweetest
memories, and my grown kids have thanked me.

blessings

Messy and Wonderful said...

He is a cute little bugger. I almost wanted to cuddle him.

Scout, not Caleb - just to be clear. Not that Caleb isn't cute, but I don't think he would appreciate Mrs. Sweeney cuddling him.

Kinda weird.

Natalie said...

I'm always in awe of your boys and their wildlife skills! I find porcupine feet very amusing!