Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brain Damage? Concussion?

Elizabeth and I spent the morning at the ER.
Thankfully, all is well.
Just a concussion.

Early Saturday morning she fell off the top bunk while sleeping. She hit her head HARD! And cried immediately. We comforted her. She seemed to be doing ok. And then things seemed to go down hill - -All she wanted to do was sleep. Then, she threw up. Then her vision was getting blurred. Then she threw up again. 
Then mama began to worry...
Then mama (me) loaded her into to the car and drove to the ER. She threw up again when we arrived. The staff treated her with great care and love. 
Her brain was perfect! 
They had her eat and drink to make sure things stayed down and then we were released.
WHEW! Thank you Lord.


She was given the O.K. to sleep. And that is exactly what she did - with her cat, of course!

The best healing medicine 
for Elizabeth ~ her Toby!

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my! I am so glad she is okay. Praying you feel better soon Elizabeth! :o) How sweet the picture of her and Toby. I love the cat's white paw!

Marci said...

I am so glad she will be OK. That had to be so scary. Better fix a rail up on the bed.

Susan said...

Oh, my goodness...I'm so glad Elizabeth is doing better...How very scary!

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

I am glad she is okay! Thank you Lord.

Amy said...

Pretty scary adventure! Glad it had a happy ending. Praying she feels better soon.

BTW, is it normal for your sister to be late with her babies? It is funny to see how everyone is different relating to pregnacy. Mine are normally late and labor seems to be quick...really quick. Hoping to baby news soon!!

My email is amyshelby@hotmail(dot)com. I know you can reply to mine because I have my name linked to my email but I've never been able to reply to yours. Guess it's not linked.

Homeschooling6 said...

Thank the Lord she is okay. Will keep her in prayer though.

Blessings,
Linda<><

Devin and Tiffany said...

That is so scary, I am glad she is ok! We just had a similar experience with Kinley and it is NOT FUN!

Messy and Wonderful said...

Wowzers. Haven't been to the ER for that one yet. I'm glad she is ok.

Teri said...

Praying for your little one. We had a similar boo-boo today which resulted in 4 loose teeth (at age 3).

Give her our love and tell her the Shepard's in Missouri are praying.

 The Morris Family said...

Oh, WOW!!! I know that was so scary!!! We have had sooo many head injuries, stitches, cuts, hurts. When Anna was about 3, she fell off a bar stool and as I held her she started throwing up and was getting really sleepy. I did not know she had a concussion til after the fact. A sure sign of concussion is throwing up, now we both know. Thank the Lord she is good to go!!

Jeremiah has fell off his bunkbed in the last about 4-5 times. He switched with Andrew yesterday.

Thank you again for putting the CD on your blog.

Cindy

Cinnamon said...

We are so glad she is feeling better!

Want to know what Gaela said when she saw this? "Well now we both have had head injuries" So matter of factly :-)

I'm so glad she's better!! Give her a big hug from Gaela~

~Cinnamon

jennifer said...

So glad everything is fine now. Those ER visits are no fun! Thank God for quick recoveries and His watchful eye over sweet little girls :)

Unknown said...

phewww!! I am so glad she is ok. what a scare! Bless her heart.

How precious she is with her kitty.

Praise the Lord all is well.

Dani Joy

Natalie said...

Head injuries are so scary! Glad she's OK!