Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's a Boy!



Jeremiah
"Exalts God"


The Call of Jeremiah

The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5

I came home yesterday with empty arms but a very full heart. Jeremiah's life has changed my life forever. I am thankful for him and his life. This is not an easy thing to walk through but my heart rejoices knowing he is with Jesus and I will see him again. I look forward to that day. Even though I have God's peace there is still great sadness.


In my last post, I told you that I was having a D&C, however, after having another ultrasound and another Dr. look at it, she really thought I could deliver this baby naturally. She gave us the pros, cons, advantages and disadvantages to both. Brian and I both agreed... We want to deliver this baby naturally.


We were admitted to the Labor and Delivery part of the hospital. They put me at the way end of the hall so that I would not hear other babies crying. I will tell you, I did cry when I saw the warming beds for the newborns and I knew that I would not see my Jeremiah in one of those. All part of the grieving and healing process.


They began the induction around 1:30 pm. Because labor was slow to come on and it was not as intense as a normal labor, Brian and I had some lone time to talk, pray, and to process our sadness. We had friends and family visiting throughout the day. Oh the healing that was already taking place!


Laurie, my dear friend, showed up around 6:30pm (I might mention that she had just delivered a hot meal to my children at home and then drove to SL to be with me ~ now that is friendship!) She immediately rolled up her sleeves and began rubbing my feet (another sign of true friendship). My brother, Grant, showed up around 9:30pm. (He came with arms loaded with food for us) The four of us had a very sweet and special time. We laughed, hugged, prayed and cried together. God beautifully orchestrated all that took place in that room on that special day ~ Jeremiah's birthday!

He finally arrived at 12:29 am on Saturday May 24th. The placenta followed about 20 minutes later and it was fully in tact. Praise the Lord!! All went well. An experience never to be forgotten. He weighed 6.5 oz, 6.5 in. The nurse made him a baby cap and little gown. They took his foot and hand prints - oh so tiny! Oh so sweet!! I loved holding him and seeing all of the intricate details of this precious baby.




This is his hand resting on my finger.

Oh how I love this little guy and we truly do celebrate his life!!

8 comments:

TnFullQuiver said...

What a beautiful picture!!!! I am still praying for you as you and your family continue through the healing process.
grace and peace,
julie

Natalie said...

Sending prayers and love.

Pam said...

My heart goes out to you. The photo is precious. Praying for you and your family.

Tiff said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious baby boy. Unfortunately, I know your pain all to well, as I lost our baby boy on the 14th. I'm crying with you, but also smiling as I look at the picture of your little one's hand. I too took the same picture and can now think of our two babies holding hands in heaven. If you would like to read my baby's story, you can find it at www.foldedgingham.typepad.com

Many hugs to you and your family, words can not express the pain I know you are feeling.

Tiff

Messy and Wonderful said...

Oh little Jeremiah Zwahlen!!! How you are loved!

Thank you for the gift of his birth. You were amazing and he was precious.

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

I woke up the other morning at 3:00 am and you were the first thing on my mind. I prayed for you that morning and continue to pray that God grants you strength and comfort.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son.. I lost my sweet Caden on Feb 11, 2007.. We found out he had no heartbeat at 15w2 and he was born 5 days later. What a blessing to see those beautiful formed little bodies, as difficult as it is.

~Bren~ said...

I have no words. You and your family are in my prayers Ashley.