Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Next Chapter



Today brings the next chapter of this grieving process. Brian will be picking up our son from the mortuary today. I have these "lunatic mommy" moments where I think and feel things that I know are absurd. For example, once we have his body, I want to keep him here in our home with the rest of us where he will be safe and warm. I don't want to put him in the cold earth, alone. The reality of it is, he is in perfect care, the perfect place and in the arms of our Perfect God!


I have finished Jeremiah's blanket. I used mostly white for his little angelic being and a hint of blue for his "manly-hood". Crocheting this blanket for him has brought much healing to my broken heart.


4 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

Oh my friend! Sweet blanket. What else can I say???

~Bren~ said...

Ashley,
I can not stop the tears. I feel so terrible that I had not caught up. I am here for you now, in prayer as it is all I can do for you. Feel embraced.

Natalie said...

You're so right--he is warm and safe, but that doesn't mean you don't want to keep him warm and safe, too. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

runningtothecross said...

A friend of mine just happened upon your blog...and through her, I came to read what she had spoken of.

What a testimony! And a blessing to my heart...I too have 3 in heaven, but I was never able to see their tiny forms except by ultrasound.

Thank you for your testimony! As a mother of 2 boys and 5 girls, I often find myself too overwhelmed to appreciate what I have...again, thank you for reminding me!

May God bless your spirit as you have mine!
Heather