Saturday, May 31, 2008

Raise Your Hands...

Raise your hands (women) if at the end of your 9 months being pregnant and wearing maternity clothes, you can not wait to put those clothes away. My hand is raised. Well, yesterday, I was in my closet with full intent of putting away my maternity clothes. As I began folding the stretched and well worn with a mix of new and really cute clothes (things my mom had surprised me with on Mother's Day), I was overtaken with sadness, once again. I could not finish the job I had set out to do. SO, I tried again today. My thoughts were still taken to Jeremiah and how I longed to be his mommy here on earth. I quickly changed my thoughts to how weak I am and all that God is. How my strength comes from Him (especially when I am weak). I began to think on all that He Is. Here is what came to me - -



He Is...
the Beginning and the End
maker of the heavens
the Bright and Morning Star
Breath of all creation
Alpha and Omega
Always was and is to come
the One who walked on water
the One who calmed the seas
Author and Perfector
the Holy Lamb
the fount of the Living Water
the Healer of the broken
Saviour and Redeemer
the King of kings
He is Mighty God, my Father...
WOW!
He is everything and without Him I am nothing.
I am thankful for His love and His presence in my life.

3 comments:

~Bren~ said...

You are an inspiration Ashley, remember you DO have a Mother's heart and feeling that longing is what God made you to do. He understands and will give you strength when you need it. He also wants you to feel that "heart" feeling for your baby. He feels the same for you. Put those clothes away when you can...until then give yourself some time to heal. Just allow Him to bathe you in His presence.

Tracy H. said...

Thanks for sharing your journey Ashley. Your faith and strength is amazing and an encouragement to me.
Tracy

Andrea Cherie said...

Ashley,

I'm reading through all your posts on Jeremiah tonight- still processing things in my own mind. Tomorrow will be four weeks since we lost our baby. This post really struck me- the maternity clothes. All my clearance deals and bargains are in a storage tub, washed and ready for wear. Just today I wondered when I'll be able to get them out- will things fit like I hope? Will they be the right season at the right time? Things that can seem so petty, yet that are so important: getting to use my maternity clothes will mean a baby is growing BIG inside of me.