Friday, May 30, 2008

Thank You!

This box and items were provided by the hospital.

In it was a receiving blanket, his hospital bracelet, a disposable camera, measuring tape and a stuffed animal -- a lamb.
A lamb for my Little Lamb #9.

I am thankful for each one of you!



I have read all of your comments and have been encouraged by all of them. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment and keeping our family in your prayers. We have been blessed by so many of you with meals, cards, emails, blog comments, phone calls and prayers. Thank you! Thank you!

Wednesday (28th) was a milestone for me. I felt an overwhelming sense of peace. There was joy to have his precious body in our home (for a short time) and then his memorial service that night was just another part of the healing process. The night before we were to pick up his body from the mortuary, I just laid in bed and cried ~ uncontrollably. I could not stop. I had so many mixed emotions of all the things that had taken place and also the things that were to come. I began to pray. I asked God not to fix my situation but to just be present. Oh my goodness!! It was at that point, I knew He was with me and I felt as if I was bathing in His love. His love overflowed and I just wanted to drink it all in.

Oh the peace!
I quickly jumped out of bed and began writing in my journal, as fast as I could, all of the things God was showing me and confirming in my heart. Oh to be in the presence of God!
I climbed back into bed, snuggled into the arms of my husband and fell fast asleep.

"Lunatic Mommy" Moment (yet another): Ever since I delivered Jeremiah, I have not wanted my belly to go away. It as if I want everyone to see it. How absurd is that? I know in the past, after having a baby full term, my first thought is - - Belly, Go Away!! I found it so strange that that is not the way I have felt this time and could not figure it out. It came to me yesterday why... My belly is the last physical evidence of Jeremiah. I have no baby in my arms, I am not nursing so I want the whole world to see the place where Jeremiah was "fearfully and wonderfully" made. The place where he resided for 19 weeks.



Certificate of Remembrance

His hand prints on the left and footprints on the right

All of You are a blessing to me!

Thanks again and blessings to each of You!



2 comments:

~Bren~ said...

I prayed that for you.

Kristin said...

You don't know me, but Laurie is a great friend of mine from college. So when I read on her blog what you had gone through, I came over to your blog to read about your family. My heart goes out to you and I am truly sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family as you go through these next days and weeks - trying to contine on.