Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day




In Loving Memory,


With Lots of Love...




Today is overcast with light showers. I feel like God is shedding tears along with all of us as He knows our sorrow. I have been ordered to keep my leg elevated because of some swollen veins in my leg. A nice excuse to keep me "restful". It has given me a great opportunity to journal everything about Jeremiah ~ his story. It has also given me a chance to crochet a little blanket for my little boy. I was on my bed crocheting and most of the children were around and we were talking about Jeremiah. The conversation was sweet and there were tears shed. One of them asked who I was crocheting for and I told them this little blanket was for Jeremiah and I was going to wrap him in it in his box. (The box that Brian and the children built for him.) Elizabeth then said, "Oh, so he doesn't get cold?" I explained to them that he doesn't really need it because he has a new body and he is with Jesus. I told them that I wanted to make this blanket because I make blankets for all of my babies and he is my baby. It was more for me and just another step of the healing process as a mommy. Then Maggie (8) says, "Could we do something for him?" Again, tears came and I of course loved the idea. How precious. So this morning each of the children found a quiet place to write a letter to him and each of them have given him something that is very special to them and also think he would like. Kinda like a birthday gift. Oh the tears that were shed by each of them. Even my tough Weston (6) was crying as he wrote his letter.
Caleb wrote:
I would have very much liked to have wrestled, race, hunt, swim and do all the other things that boys do, with you. I don't know whether to cry or laugh for you. I will laugh for you are in paradise with God. Running and laughing. And I will cry because I would have liked very much to ride the Adventures of Life with you.
I am looking forward to the day when I can join you in heaven with God. I want to run, jump and maybe even fly with you.
Caleb (14)
Gift: Wooden cross necklace that he had made


Hudson wrote:


To Jeremiah, the brother I never got to meet. I wish I culd have known you. I would have been so happy to hold you in my arms. I would have been so proud to see you graduate. I wish we could have seen your talents and to see you happily married. And to have met all of my neices and nephews. I love you Jeremiah and I will see you in Heaven. I love you, Jeremiah. I feel like crying since I wish that you were here.


Sincerely,


Your Loving Brother


Hudson (12)




Gift: His fastest time in freestyle bronze gold medal








Abbi wrote:


Dear Jeremiah,


I look forward to meeting you in heaven. I wish I could have seen you and hold you in my arms and watch you grow.


I love you Jeremiah!


In Christ,


Abbi (10)




Gift: Her silver heart necklace






Maggie wrote:


I love you Jeremiah. I will see you soon. I will miss you. I wish you were still alive. I love you so much.


Love, Maggie (8)




Gift: A ceramic horse that she painted






Weston wrote:


Dear Jeremiah,


I love you. I miss you. I wanted a little brother like you and I can't wait to see you in heaven. Let's play "cowboy" when we see each other.


Love,


Your brother, Weston (6)




Gift: His red cowboy bandana






Elizabeth colored a picture and I wrote for her:


I miss you. I love you. Have fun with God. I will hug you in heaven.


Elizabeth (5)




Gift: A small puppy figurine






Dani Rae colored a picture and I wrote for her:


Happy Birthday, Jeremiah!


I love you!


Dani Rae (3)
Gift: A small horse figurine (playmobil)


My sister, Debbie, wrote Jeremiah a little note on the day he was born and so I will close this post with her sweet words. (Debbie also miscarried at 21 weeks a few years ago. Hannah is her baby's name.)

Dear Jeremiah,
This morning you have been born. Not your spirit, for it is not here, but your tiny sweet little form. You spirit is already in Glory, for you have gone to Jesus ahead of us. You have left this sinful world and headed straight to the arms of Jesus. Oh what you must see right now!!! We can only imagine. Your little body is limp, but so obviously "fearfully and wondefully" made! Oh how I wish your little mouth would coo, your little toes would wriggle, your little heart-beat. This will never be so, at least not with this little body, for you have been given a new one. You now have one that will never hurt, never cry, and never die. Oh dear baby how my heart is sad...but sad only for us, not for you. Did you know you have an Aunt (many actually) who love you, and 31 cousins that awaited the day you would join them? And Jeremiah... you have cousins with you in heaven! Would you give my little sweet Hannah a hug from her mommy?
So this day with tears and sadness, I rejoice! I exalt in the God of our salvation. For His works a mighty and worthy of praise. I think of you dear one, and thank God!
I love you, Aunt Deb

6 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Ashley, I wish we didn't have to meet this way, but I am glad that I can pray for you. I am Stacy Shepherd's cousin by marriage. All the letters were beautiful. What wonderful children you have. I love how Deb described Jeremiah as fearfully and wonderfully made.
Pam

Messy and Wonderful said...

Tears. Sweet children. Their letters and gifts are awesome.

Praying for you today sweet friend.

Devin and Tiffany said...

Ashley, I just got caught up and my heart so so sad for you! You are an incredible woman and a true inspiration to me. The way you cling to the Lord is amazing and has taught me so much. Thank you for being vulnerable and willing to share this with us all. We are praying for you and the family! With Love, Tiffany

Anderson, Party of Five! said...

Ashley and Family,
What a sweet, sweet family Jeremiah has! We continue to pray for you guys and know that the Lord is faithful and will bring peace to your hearts. We love you!

Anonymous said...

So tender~we're praying daily for you and the family~lots of love

~Bren~ said...

(((hugs)))) my friend.