Thursday, May 22, 2008

With Great Sadness...

I share with you the loss of our Little Lamb #9. We heard no heartbeat at my prenatal today. I have just returned from an utlrasound and we saw our little precious one, lifeless, in my womb. I just wanted to grab that little one off of the screen and hold it tight. My husband and I just held each other with tears.

God is sooo good and I will share more details with you later. For now, I just ask for your prayers for tomorrow as I am scheduled to have a D&C. Because the baby has been dead for some time now, there is a greater risk and I just ask that all goes smoothly with no complications.

As I type this, tears are flowing ~ flowing like a river. My sweet one is in the arms of Jesus and for that, I am comforted. Thank you in advance for your prayers.

I must go, for I have 8 sweet blessings that I want to go hold and squeeze tightly...
ashley

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13,14

8 comments:

Teri said...

Oh Ashley. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It matters not how many children you already have. Each loss is difficult as if it were your only child. I pray the Lord will comfort you through the night and bring you much joy in the morning.

Teri

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I am so sorry to hear of your lose. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and Brian so much and I will continue to keep praying for you!
Love you, Stacy

TnFullQuiver said...

Ashley,
I too have walked this path that you are on. It is not easy no matter how many children you already have. I will lift you up in prayer and know if you would like to talk with me I am always available. My email is miajul@comcast.net If you email me, I will give you my phone number. My heart aches with you over this loss of life, but take it from me (I have lost 5 babies) GOD IS ALWAYS FAITHFUL!!!! Keep your eyes on Him.
love and prayers sent your way,
julie

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

We are sad with you all and love your precious family!

love and prayers,

jenny

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts & prayers! May God grant you and Brian, and the children COMFORT and PEACE~
Let us know if there's anything else we can do!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear of your loss. I'm praying for God's peace and love to surround you!

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

Oh Ashley. I'm so sad as I know what it is like to go to an ultrasound excited and to leave devastated. We will be praying for you and your healing process.

Anderson, Party of Five! said...

Zwahlen Family,
We are hurting with you and praying for you during this time. You are SO precious and SO loved.
Rob and Christa